- This switch is used to control the flow of electricity in a circuit.
- These switches are widely used in heavy industries and laboratories, for control and test panels of electricity.
- It consists of a hinge which allows a metal lever/ knife, is lifted/ inserted and inserted into a slot / jaw.
- Hinge and slot both are fixed to an insulated base, and the knife contains insulated handle grip at one end.
- These switches are also used as disconnected switches placed on switchboards, distribution and control panel boards.
- Single pole double throw.
Instrument Name: Knife Switch