- The magnetometer is a scientific instrument used to measure the strength and direction of the magnetic field in the proximity of the instrument.
- Magnetometers are also used to calibrate electromagnets and permanent magnets and to determine the magnetization of materials.
- Composed by a plastic box with aluminum dial graduated in 0 – 90° four times, anti-parallax mirror and steel pivot.
- The short magnetic needle has a synthetic sapphire bearing and a light aluminum pointer designed for precise readings and maximum damping.
- The compass box has a hollow circular cavity to fit tangent galvanometer stand or deflection magnetometer base.
Instrument Name: Magnetometer