Model Tendon & Muscle Knee
Instrument Name: Model Tendon & Muscle Knee
- A tendon serves to move the bone or structure.
- A ligament is a fibrous connective tissue that attaches bone to bone, and usually serves to hold structures together and keep them stable.
- The four muscles of the quadriceps: vastus lateralus, vastus medialus, vastus intermedius and rectus femorisfunction to extend the knee.
- The muscles join together to form the common quadriceps tendon.
- Tendons are part of the muscle, and attach muscle to bone. Within the quadriceps tendon is the patella (knee cap.)