- A hydrometer is used for measuring a density or specific gravity. It was also called an aerometer, a gravimeter.
- This hydrometer is used to determine Specific Gravity of liquids, probably aqueous or alcoholic.
- Weights are added to the scale pan on top, until the marking on the stem is level with the surface of the liquid.
- It consists of a hollow metal cylinder, upper loading pan and bucket suspended of the bottom for stability and to hold the specimen when immersed
- Made from brass sheet.
- Overall dimensions – Length 25cm × diameter:4cm.
Instrument Name: Nicholson hydrometer